This is an equipment to determine the water absorption property of paper, paper board and corrugated fibreboard.
- A new currency note has a very low COBB Value. i.e. Even if you dip it in water, it will absorb very less water.
- A newsprint paper on the other hand has a very high COBB Value. i.e. it will absorb water very quickly.
Types of Test :
- Cobb Index : ( 60 / 120 Second Test )
- Cobb Index : ( 30 Minute Test )
Confirms to : TAPPI T441 / ASTM D 3285 / ISO 535
Make : PackTest
Confirming to TAPPI T – 441.
Test Area : 100 cm2
With measuring cylinder for pouring 100 ml water.
Special ‘PackTest’ design with no water – spillage system.
User friendly tilting device.
With Mild Steel roller (couch roller) of 10 Kg.
Suitable for :
- 60 or 120 Second COBB Test for Paper
30 Minute COBB Test for Board.
To be used with a Digital Balance of 0.01g accuracy (not included, extra)
- COBB Tester – Basic Machine
- 10 Kg Roller
- Rubber Mat
- 100 ml Measuring Cylinder
- 100 Cut Sheets of Blotting Paper (Suitable for 100 tests)
Excludes : Digital Balance.
- Blotting Paper (Available in Set of 100/300/500 spare cut-sheets)