Eloham Case Maker
The fastest & easiest way to control color and density throughout your print workflow
SpectroDens is your all-purpose, modern, color measurement device that combines the qualities of a highly accurate spectophotometer and also an easy-to-use densitometer. SpectroDens is exceptionally equipped and excels at every application from pre-press to print, including the verification of inks in the color lab, proofs in pre-press, and ongoing quality control in the pressroom. In addition, it’s the most ergonomic device on the market and that’s why operators consistently prefer the SpectroDens to the cumbersome, slower, clamshell-style devices they have used in the past.
- An ultra-high definition, spectral sensor samples color in approximately 3nm increments (from 400-700nm) providing a higher resolution spectral characterization when compared to conventional instruments and allows for single spot measurements in approximately 1 second.
- NIST (National Institute of Standards & Technology ) certified calibrations ensure the measurement accuracy and agreement with other instrument manufacturers.
- SpectroDens fulfills M0, M1, M2, M3 measurement conditions in accordance to ISO 13655 and full support for ISO and G7® methodologies.
- A patented, side-mounted aperture, allows the operator to more easily position the optics over the desired measurement location while providing visual confirmation.
- Four precisely aligned wheels on the underside of the device allow the operator to switch between spot measurement and color bar scanning with the click of a button.
- Sleek design and small size fits comfortably in the operators hand and allows for easy one-handed operation.
- With no moving parts and a solid state spectral engine, SpectroDens delivers unbeatable and proven reliability backed by a 2 year warranty.
- Physical buttons allow the operator to switch between instrument modes and withstand the harshest pressroom environments unlike delicate touch screen interfaces.
- The unibody case is precisely machined from a single block of aluminum to maximize durability and reliability in unforgiving production environments.
Spot & Scan
- Four precisely aligned wheels on the underside of the device allow it to roll effortlessly between measurement locations for either spot measurements or color bar scanning.
- Switch between spot measurements and color bar scanning with the click of a button.
- No expensive accessories to buy or install for scanning.
Control your process, spot, Pantone® or other critical brand colors by measuring solid ink density, % dot area, CIE Lab, deltaE, and more.
InkCheck™ feature helps press operators minimize color differences (deltaE’s) by providing specific density adjustments to achieve best possible color match
GrayGuide™ feature displays G7 pass/fail indication and specific C,M,Y density adjustments to obtain grayscale values according to G7 specification
Shows density variation across press sheet and provides specific ink key adjustments right on instrument display.
Scan control wedge in seconds to confirm proofs against 12647-7 and known datasets like GRACol, SWOP3, SWOP5, IFRA, UGRA/FOGRA, G7™, etc.
Create, edit, and manage color libraries, import/export color data, generate pass/fail QC reports, and manage instrument, all with SpectroConnect.
The SpectroDens is available in 3 different models to best meet your color measurement needs (model comparison below).
Uses true WiFi connectivity to computers which boast faster communication speeds, enhanced security, and a much greater connectivity range
Designed so the customer can change the measurement aperture themselves (1.5mm or 3mm apertures depending on measurement requirements)
|Automatic Density, Gray Balance Measurement|
|Densities CMYK, Spot Color Density|
|Dot Area, Gain & Contrast|
|Standard USB Interface/ Wifi Optional|
|Scan Single or Multiple Row Color Bars (Print Curve Density)|
|Slur and Doubling Value|
|Expresso Mini (Density Trend)|
|Supports M0-M3 Measuring Conditions|
|CIELab, DEab, XYZ, CIE LChab|
|CIE Color Circle|
|Ink Check (Color Guide)|
|On-board Memory stores up to 4,500 Colors|
|dE CIELab, dEcmc, dE94, dE2000 – Displays visual color difference|
|CIE LChab, xyY, Luv, LCHuv, DIN Lab99|
|ISO Check (Scan or Spot Measurements)|
|Averaging multiple measurements|
|Media Wedge; Scan or Spot Measurements (ISO, Ugra/Fogra, Idealliance)|
|Scan custom color bars|
|Optical brightener measurement|