STEP AND REPEAT
Nested step and repeat
Nested Step and Repeat is an option in PACKZ to impose folding carton designs using the CF2 cutting die retrieved from the CAD system. The user browses through diecut libraries using the Quick Look Function, and sees the preview without the need to import the file. PACKZ generates full colored step and repeats or dynamic templates that can be reused at any time. A single click instantly creates the back side out of a front repetition. The Translucent Quality Assurance tool shows the register between front and back side. Different single designs may be combined in a repetition, in which each station can define its own station number, positioning and bleed handling. The Common Knife tool detects, highlights and allows users to set the bleed priority in the stepped result. Defining and storing these priorities in the 1-up station can automate the process.
Tabular Step and Repeat
- Tabular Step and Repeat creates web-fed printed label or flexible packaging layouts.
- PACKZ includes block repeated multipage single designs with staggered vertical and horizontal stepping. The Seamless Calculator produces continuous lanes with a staggered diecut. The result is a dynamic template or full color file that can be reused at any time.
- Each block has its own trim path, positioning and bleed handling. Bleed follows the irregular shaped label and PACKZ can nest the blocks for the optimal label repeat.
- The Interactive Step and Repeat for sheet-fed labels allows assembling templates or full color repetitions of custom-sized blocks, for mass production of cut and stack labels. The Grid Imposition combines many different designs of the same size on a sheet. This repetition function is suitable for greeting cards, credit cards, name cards, playing cards, and more.
- Highly productive using CF2 die layouts
- Self-contained step and repeat with external references
- Dynamic templates or full colored Step and Repeat
- One application for stepping and single design editing
- High-resolution preview
- Customizable registration marks
- CIP3 output capabilities
- Gravure 8-bit TIFF export
- 3D modeling and 3D PDF